Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Weekend Photos

Click here to view these pictures larger

Here are pictures from the weekend. Katie and I have both been amazed and thankful by how sweet and wonderful our children are. I know that as parents you are supposed to love your children and think they are the best kids ever, but this past week, I can't help but to be just blown away by the love that I feel for Sam and Maya. This may be helped by the fact that Maya has slept throught he night for the past 5 nights (knock on wood). But is mostly because they are both great kids.

Sam has been so wonderful with Maya. He includes her in everything that he does. Last night Sam was playing with magnets on the fridge, and he took some over to Maya who was laying on her mat in the living room, just so she could have some too. Every morning, he needs to give Maya a hug and kiss when she wakes up. He loves it when "Maya gets Sam" or when "Sam gets Maya" - his version of tickling. I am continuously amazed at how Sam looks out for Maya and cares for her, even at such a young age. I can only hope that it continues!

Maya has been so sweet since she has been born. She is now staring at everyone and everything in the room. On Sunday, she didn't take her eyes off of Leroy during the entire sermon. I had her with me at a meeting today, and she stared at the other person the entire time. It is pretty funny. She is so close to rolling over, just one little push away from making it to her stomach. Unfortunately, she has picked up the habit of sucking her thumb, but Mom and Dad are on to her and trying to stop the habit from forming.

Life has just been really good with our family for the past few weeks. I am so thankful for it because both Katie and I were nervous about her going back to work. But since she has been back at work, things have been great, and we are just so thankful for the Lord taking care of us so well in this time of transition.

Okay, so that is all for my first proud parent blog post, I just wanted to share how thankful I am for God giving us such wonderful chidlren and how much they have enriched our lives and our family.

No comments: