Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cycle of Love

We are taking a commercial break from blogging for this public service announcement:

On November 21 & 22, I will be riding in the Cycle of Love (www.cycleoflove.org) from Birmingham, AL to Atlanta, GA with 10 other colleagues from various ministries around Atlanta. I am doing this ride for a couple of reasons:

1) I am raising money for Pride for Parents (www.prideforparents.org) and FCS Community Economic Development (CED), which runs the South Atlanta Marketplace and Community Grounds Cafe (www.communitygrounds.org). I am now the part-time executive director of CED and I believe strongly in the value of having strong, viable local businesses in our community to provide life and jobs to residents in South Atlanta.

2) I want to help support the other riders and their ministries. Together we make a great team and supporting each other is a great way of supporting our own ministries. The other riders have been an amazing support to me while doing ministry in South Atlanta, and without them, I can't imagine still going strong.

3) I am riding for personal reasons. For the past 3-4 years I have really struggled with maintaining a healthy lifestyle and having the energy that I need to be a good father, be a good husband, and do good at my job. I am using the next 2 months, culminating with the bike ride, to get myself back into shape. I owe it to myself, Katie, Sam, and Maya to have a healthier lifestyle which will ensure that I can keep up for many more years to come.

I am writing you because I would love for you to consider supporting me in this ride. Riding 174 miles is not going to be an easy task and neither is running two businesses in South Atlanta. Having your support will mean a lot to me and will no doubt help my motivation during the hard miles of the ride and the hard times of running CED.

If you would like to support me, please go to www.cycleoflove.org and click the Donate Now button under my name. It will send you to the FCS Donate page and follow the instructions from there. If you want to write a check, please send it to:

FCS Community Economic Development
PO Box 17628
Atlanta, GA 30316

There are several levels of support that you can choose from, or you can decide on a gift on your own. Any amount of support would be appreciated. I have set a goal of raising $5000 during this ride. It is a lofty goal, but one that I think is obtainable. Please consider giving.

Thanks so much!

Jeff

No comments: