Sunday, October 31, 2010

Applesauce Making

One of my favorite memories as a kid was the annual applesauce making day at our house.   I loved to eat applesauce a whole lot more than making it, but I really did appreciate my mom and Nana making applesauce every year.  I don't think I ate store bought applesauce until I was in college and I was very disappointed.

We have tried to carry on the tradition of applesauce making while we have been in Atlanta and we have included several of our community members in the annual fall festival.  It has become a fun annual event that this year involved 6 different families/houses.  It was quite the assembly line!  Here are some pictures of our fun this year.  We made a ton of applesauce in a very short time.  It was a lot of fun and I am already looking forward to it next year!










No comments: