Saturday, June 21, 2008

Father's Day Blueberries

Katie, Sam, and I celebrated fathers day this weekend since I had to work all Sunday last week. So this morning, we all went south to a blueberry farm to pick blueberries. This was a favorite activity of mine from my camp days at Spruce Lake, and I fully expected this experience to be more fun for me than for Sam (and especially Katie :) )

However, I was amazed when after picking blueberries for about 10 minutes, I looked over at Sam and saw him pick a blueberry off of the bush and then walk it over to the bucket and place it in the bucket. He did this over and over again, with the occasional one making it into his mouth of course!! Katie and I were shocked because we didn't even try to get him to do it. We just left him be to have some fun exploring while we picked blueberries and he just picked it up himself. I was so proud! Anyway, here is a video and some pictures from this morning. Hopefully later this weekend we will post a video of Sam's swimming skills.







5 comments:

Shawn Delp said...

Very cool! It is amazing how quickly they can "pick" things up!

Susan Ponas said...

looks like Sam had alot of fun.He probably ate more berries that put into the bucket.

MOM MOM

Anonymous said...

this could be the cutest video that i've seen of mr. sam!!

Unknown said...

That video is classic. such a sweetie--gotta love a child who knows how to get a job done.

adiaspeer said...

really very very cute!!