Sunday, August 29, 2010

Daddy's Helper


Several weeks ago, I embarked on trying to fix our door bell. It had been broken a few days earlier and I figured it couldn't be that hard to fix. Sam was around and Maya was down for a nap, so I asked him to help. To make a long story short, I came to realize that Sam was old enough to actually be helpful with projects around the house. He handed me things while I was up on the ladder, and most importantly, he tested the door bell outside while I stayed inside to see what the door bell was doing.

Tonight, Sam and I got a little more ambitious. In an effort to save some money, we installed ceiling fans in our bedroom. Sam was super excited to be daddy's helper. We had a great time together and Sam was very patient, even more patient that daddy. Sam doesn't often hear his Dad cuss (yes, skeptics out there, I don't cuss that much), but he caught a few today. Maybe the seeds of Sam's cussing were planted today, who knows.

What I do know, is that I really enjoyed doing a project with Sam. He was again quite helpful and he really enjoyed just playing with daddy's tools. It was fun to see him be so proud of our work after it was finished. I hope that this is the start of many more projects to come. Our next project: Christmas lights!!!!






No comments: