Friday, August 20, 2010

Hots Dogs and Trains

Two Summers ago, I took Sam somewhere new every Friday on the train. It was a meaningful exercise for me to do with Sam. Because of time constraints of my job (s) and the challenge of taking two on MARTA, I have not rekindled that tradition until today. Sam, Maya, and I went to the kid'suem (as Sam calls it) or the Children's Museum to most.

Sam and Maya first went the Kid's Museum with Mom Mom and Grandpa Ed back in May and Sam feel in love with it. They have some ball contraption that Sam can play with for hours, literally. It is really fun to watch Sam be so confident and play so well without us. It has been one of the first places that we truly aren't needed. Maya on the other hand, well, we'll save that story for later.

After the museum, we were going to go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. But a combination of a large gas leak downtown and a siting of a street hot dog vendor made us change our minds. I love a good street vendor. It is one of the things that I love about a city, just walk up to a street corner and get yourself a nice, cheap, and probably a little dirty hot dog. In ten years, this is my first hot dog from a street vendor in Atlanta. So really the pictures should be of me probably and not the kids, but they are cuter and they can't take pictures yet. So here they are eating on the train:





No comments: